I recently had the opportunity to be a part of something amazing. The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Theraputics put together a fundraising event to raise money for the research to find a cure for Angelman's Syndrome. Angelman's syndrome is characterized by global developmental delays including speech and motor skills. My niece has AS and she is so lucky to have my sister as her mom. She is on the board of directors of this foundation and works daily to help find her daughter and others who have AS a cure. The current research suggests that a cure is promising. They just need more funding for the research and that is why they had this fundraising event.
I am so grateful to have been a part of this event. It was such a special, inspirational evening. Plus, hey, I got to meet Colin Farrel! Colin also has a son who has AS and came to the gala to provide support, as well as to get support I believe. He met with all the board members and they got to share their stories.
They had great entertainment for the evening that went well into the night. After Colin spoke, Dr. Weeber spoke about his research. Although it sounds as if they are still faced with many challenges, but still very promising on finding a cure. After that Regie Hamm took the stage and performed the song he wrote for American Idol winner, David Cook, "Time of my Life." He was amazing. They also had the comedian, Gary MuleDeer, there to provide some laughs and that's just what he did. The evening did not end there though. The band, 7th Heaven, closed down the night with a whole lot of booty shaking songs that filled the dancefloor. It was so fun to break loose with my Mom and my sisters (minus one =( ). Check out the slideshow above of some of the photos I took that evening. Enjoy!
For more information or to make a donation please go to www.CureAngelman.org
7 comments:
Oh doll... u brought tears to my this morning. Love you and love the photo's you took. Everyone including me have said you did a FAB job and the slideshow really show's off your talents. You rock. The overview of the night was absolutely incredible and kept me in tears. ;-) Thank you so much for doing such a great job and being such an incredible sister and auntie!!! I love you - MIssy
Hey sweetie!! I too blog and Miss told me you wrote a blog this morning on the Gala. You did do a GREAT job!! I know it was overwhelming, but you did great and it was most appreciated!!
Chris and I had a great time with your family. You are a very special bunch. We have laughed trying to imagine what life may have been growing up in your house. Never a dull moment I am sure!!! ;)
Your children are just so beautiful!!! Well...since I know know your site....I will sneak a peek every now and then!!
Have a very blessed Christmas and New Year!!!
Paula!
I have come back to say...the pictures.....AMAZING!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!
YAY Jaime!!! I know you were so nervous but...WOW! You did awesome!
What a wonderful event...I love how positive they kept it. Missy is an amazing mommy...just like her sissy!!!
I guess Colin Farrel doesn't smile uh??? HA!
Yeah, I gave him a hard time about that...he said that unless it is a genuine smile it looks really goofy. I'll take his word for it. I have a hard time believing he ever looks goofy...=)
Jaime, you did an absolutely beautiful job. And your blog took me back to that amazing night!! Can't wait til next year! Love you sis!
Wow, Jaime! What a great event to be involved with and what incredible pictures! Nice work!
Post a Comment